Collective Investment Schemes (CIS)
Malta offers a robust and comprehensive legal framework for the establishment and licensing of various types of collective investment schemes (“CISs”) within the European Union, with the following main attractions:
- A choice of CIS licences such as Professional Investor Funds (or “PIFs”), Alternative Investment Funds (or AIFs), , and UCITS schemes, which offer varying levels of regulatory requirements according to the nature of the targeted investors.
- A legal framework accommodating various legal structures for the establishment of investment schemes.
- Possibility of re-domiciling or migrating existing investment funds and hedge funds from other financial centres to Malta, thereby ensuring a seamless continuity of the fund and its investments.
- Availability of multi-fund companies within the same investment company, enabling the creation of separate sub-funds each having a separate patrimony with varying investment objectives.
- Availability of incorporated cell company structures, enabling the creation of a fund platform with each incorporated cell having a distinct licence and separate legal personality.
- Time-sensitive handling of all applications by an approachable and pragmatic regulator. Target time-frames are of 7 days for issue of licence for Malta PIFs and of 3 months for CIS or UCITS schemes, subject to the submission of a complete application form.
- Cost-effective regulatory and professional fee structures.
- High level of professional services and presence of all major audit firms.
- All business is conducted in the English language, providing international clients with a more comfortable working environment in a Central European time-zone.
Read more about:
For further information about how CSB Advocates can help you with your financial services and/or collective investment schemes (CIS) requirements kindly contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org