- Allowed in cases where foreign tax is suffered on income received from a country with which Malta has no tax treaty.
- The foreign tax suffered is allowed as a credit against the tax chargeable in Malta on the gross chargeable income.
- Credit shall not exceed the total tax liability in Malta on the foreign sourced income.
- When claiming unilateral relief, the taxpayer must provide evidence to the satisfaction of the Commissioner:
- - that the Income arose overseas
- - that the Income suffered foreign tax; and the amount of foreign tax suffered
For further information about how CSB Advocates can help you with your corporate tax law requirements kindly contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org